This is the first episode of the Ask Different Podcast, an unofficial podcast about Apple and related technologies created by members of the Ask Different community.
- We begin by discussing the return of the Stack Overflow Exchange podcast, and some of the interesting observations Joel made about where Stack Exchange users are coming from.
- Speculation abounds as we discuss iPhone tracking and the location visualizations as provided byiPhone Tracker.
- Jason provides tips for being safe on the web. Including using a strong Password Encryption/Storage service such as LastPass, and enabling always-use-SSL features on sites such as Twitter, Google Mail, and Facebook.
- Nathan talks about Mac security, such as enabling Secure Erase features, and protecting your computer at boot time by setting a Firmware Password.
- Kyle helps keep your iOS devices safe with the free “Find My iPhone” feature of MobileMe for iPhone 4 owners, and setting a passcode (or password) on your device.
- Speculation returns as we discuss the recent revelation that Dropbox is not necessarily a completely private storage service.
- Our Question of the Week was asked by nuc. “What are some great Dropbox uses?”.
- Our App of the Week is Portal 2! Portal 1 has been Mac compatible since the day Steam was released for Mac OS X, and Portal 2 has been Mac-compatible from the very beginning.